Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christopher Mlalazi Interview on 'Conversations with Writers'


Christopher Mlalazi's interview with Ambrose Musiyiwa has been posted on the Conversations with Writers blog. The interview concentrates on his award-winning collection of short stories, Dancing with Life: Tales from the Township, and also on his collaboration with Raisedon Baya, which resulted in the banned play The Crocodile of Zambezi, as well as others.
In the interview, Christopher describes Dancing with Life, published by 'amaBooks in 2008,  as 'a reflection of the struggles and suffering of Zimbabwean people living in a disintegrating society with its farm invasions and our economy taking a nose-dive. I regard this short story collection as a series of snap shots of this trying period and I try to be as honest as I can in my depictions so as not to misinform readers. I try to be as near to the truth as I can get in the hope that this will leave people asking themselves deep mind-changing questions.'
The complete interview can be viewed via the link below.
http://conversationswithwriters.blogspot.com/2010/01/interview-christopher-mlalazi.html

No comments:

Post a Comment